Friday, March 2, 2007

Halleluyah!

Oh! you don't know how happy I am tonight!

I am dancing and singing!

No,I didnot win the lottery or meet an 'angel" from Heaven.
I didnot acquire anything new,whether bag or shoe.

I have just been set free from "egungun", transl bone.

The story.
Last night,after work, I settled to eat a happy bowl of Amala with egusi soup,while watching TV.
I was just starting to enjoy the meal and then bang! I swallowed a fish bone.
Yeah, a fish bone. At first I thought it was nothing ,so I drank water and swallowed two balls of Amala without soup but no,the bone was still there.

I kept swallowing my meal without soup pausing every 2 minutes, for an hour.
The bone no gree go o! I started drinking water,chewing garri,coughing very hard but this bone won't budge. Oh! my God,what I my going to do?

I brush my teeth and stick my toothbrush in my throat almost vomiting,no way the bone no comot! So I give up and go to sleep,hoping somewhere in my dream,the bone will slip away.
It took a long time before I could finally find sleep.

I wake up the morning and fish bone is still there and now it is more painful than last night.
Now,I am worried. I tell my mom and she recommends a big bowl of Eba,lol.
It wasn't funny as early as 7.15, I was on a swallowing spree,swallowing big balls of Eba down my thin throat. This bone refused to move.

My mum,offered to stick her hand in my mouth to feel and bring it out but I refused.
Finally I agreed but nope that didnot work. I tried with my toothbrush again,coughed very hard and all,but no! this sturrborn still remained.

My father offers to take me to hospital,but I decline (I hate hospitals,drugs and needles but I love good looking male doctors),my excuse how can one go to hospital to complain about a fish bone in one's throat.

On my way to work,I call my cousin who is doctor,he recommends vitamin c and a painreliever and tells me not to worry that the bone will go away soon.
Soon? How soon? I was in pain already. Isaid a silent prayer to Osanobuwa(God) to have mercy on me and let this cup pass over me.

I gargled my throat with warm water and salt for a few minutes but no,the bone won't bulge.
I give up and it and continue with work in great pain but eventually I drank milk and wait for it........ It is GONE! The fishbone is gone.

Halleluyah!

16 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

ahhhhh...thank God...that thing is not funny at all oh...

IT'S A MIRACLE!

naijabelle said...

pele oh! All this agony because of fish bome.So milk did it, who would have thought.Have a nice weekend sweerie!

Omodudu said...

The evil that Amala can do. Sorry o.

Vera Ezimora said...

So where did the bone go? If I were you, I would swallow another bone and then swallow a lil camera along with the bone. That way, we can find out where the bone goes.

What do u think?

omohemi Benson said...

@It is not funny at all o! Na real miracle.

@Londonnaijachic,
Mesef, nothink sey milk fit do am.
Thanks luv,will do.

@Omodudu,
Amala evil ke? na this fishbone do evil.
Thanks for stopping by.

@Vera,
Na wah for u and all this your analogies.
Why don't you try it and tell me the results! lol

In my head and around me said...

Kpele! I was taught to make eba and swallow a lump as that pushes the fishbone down. It may have worked for you?

exschoolnerd said...

lol..am happy for u..that thing can be very irritating.

Mrs Somebody said...

sorry about the fishbone that got stuck in your throat.

Waffarian said...

heheheheh! Ndo! men, it baffles me that "fish bone" no dey respect age oh! When I was younger, i had many incidents hehehehe, as an adult, I have had two painful incidents so far!

Daddy's Girl said...

I'm happy for you jare! Amazing how much discomfort such a teeny thing can cause!

omohemi Benson said...

@Vera,
How do I get the camera back out?

@In my head,
No it didnot work,trust me I wa sswallowing large lumps bgut the bone didn't budge.

Thanks for stopping by.

@Exschoolnerd,
Irritating,you can say that again. Thanks girl!

@Mrs Somebody
Thanks.

@Waffarian.
Yes o,bone no dey look face.

@Daddy's girl,
Thank you o! It is little things that give discomfort.

naijabelle said...

update mam!

Vera Ezimora said...

Omohemi, I dunno how you will get the camera out o. I didn't think about that part. Just swallow it and then we will think of how 2 get it out. If we cannot figure it out, u swallow another camera to find the other camera.

I really dunno how we will get out both cameras sha...lol. I guess surgery would help??

Since u've not swallowed the camera, can u @ least update??

naijabelle said...

omoheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemi!!!Where are u?

BiMbyLaDs** said...

stumbled accross ur blog.. ur a trip.. will be back.. oh HALLELUYAH!!

adumaadan - Blacktinkerbell said...

eeyah! pele o...(even though its after the fact). I used to get bones stuck in my throat a lot when I was younger. The thing tire me o. Actually stopped eating fish for a bit because of that...and believe me, that eba doesn't work. @ Vera...I know an old woman who swallowed a fly...